Thursday, August 30, 2012

Old Song

This is getting to be an old song, huh? In all honesty, the fact that I let the blog go for so long and having so much to catch up on was a little daunting. It still is, as a matter of fact, and it didn't help matters that it made me procrastinate even more, making the gap that much bigger. I am here to try and rectify that, however, but we'll see how that fares.

I think, in order to make things a little easier for myself, I'll do groupings of things I've done. Like socks or shawls, for example.

Hats'll be up first, since I've made a few of them. There's one I'd love to share with you, but since it's a test knit, I'm not yet at liberty to do so.

First things first. I'd been wanting a lacy hat for a good while now, so when I saw the pattern for the Santa Cruz Slouch Hat, I had to make it. Since I didn't have the right weight yarn, I doubled up the DK. It's a little tight, but it fits.
Project:Hat for me
Pattern:Santa Cruz Slouch Hat
Size:N/A
Yarn:Stahlsche Wolle Merino Superfine
Colors:Navy
Needles:US 5 & 7
Gauge:.
Ravelry link:Hop on over!

After making that one, I found the Fourth Floor pattern I had to have one. I've worn it so many times last winter, and I love it.

Project:Rusty Fourth Floor
Pattern:Fourth Floor
Size:N/A
Yarn:Knitpicks Wool of the Andes
Colors:Firecracker Heather
Needles:US 5 & 9
Gauge:
Ravelry link:Hop on over!



When Beth saw mine, she liked it, so I decided to make her one, too.

Project:Beth's Fourth Floor
Pattern:Fourth Floor
Size:N/A
Yarn:Woolease
Colors:Denim Twist
Needles:US 5 & 9
Gauge:
Ravelry link:Hop on over!




I had some yarn left over, so I made Emma a kitty hat


Project:Kitten
Pattern:N/A
Size:N/A
Yarn:Woolease
Colors:Denim Twist
Needles:US 7 
Gauge:
Ravelry link:Hop on over!







Hubby actually asked me to make him a hat, since we got bikes and he wants to be able to go to school on it when it gets colder. He likes plainer colors, so I had him pick out the yarn himself.

Project:Dustin's Astronomer's Hat
Pattern:Astronomer
Size:Large
Yarn:Country Classic Yarn
Colors:Oxford and Smoke
Needles:US 8
Gauge:
Ravelry link:Hop on over!

This picture always makes me think of an old cartoon with the boy whose eyes are always covered with his hat. For the life of me, I can't remember what it's called. Anyone know?

As I said before, the other hat I knit was a test-knit which I can't show yet. I can't wait to be able to share it, though, because it's so pretty and squishy!

I promise I'll be back soon to show some of the shawls I've made over the past few months, and all the other things, too. Christmas is approaching, so I've got plenty to work on between now and then. Thanks for sticking with me!




No comments: