Monday, October 1, 2012

First Cardigan


As many of you know, I'm on Ravelry a lot. A group of us in the main thread I'm in, decided to do a sort of knit-a-long. Not for any specific pattern, mind you, but to help spur us toward making a sweater or cardigan within a certain amount of time. Since I hadn't made any such garments for myself (or anyone, for that matter) in years, I joined, with the help of one of my dear friends.

Anyway, I actually managed to finish it within the allotted time, and I have to say I'm quite pleased with it. Maybe even a little proud. I've never in my life made anything like this before, and definitely not with this nice a yarn. I'm hoping it won't be the last time, either.

I chose to make the February Lady sweater, thinking I'd get the most use out of it, since I tend to run a little on the warm side these days.



As you can see, I used buttons. To be more precise, I made  them, myself. A first for me, to play with polymer clay. It was kind of fun, but I'm not sure it'll be a hobby I'll pick up. I made a ton of them, since I'd never used the stuff before and had to play around with the baking times etc. (no, these aren't all of them).

I figured, withe the cardigan itself being fairly neutral in color, it'd be nice to have a little bit of pop. What do you think?

With a little luck, I can use these buttons for other projects. I have a few to spare, after all.

My sister-in-law, Beth, took the pictures of me wearing my cardigan, by the way, because she's awesome like that.



















Project:February Pralines
Pattern:February Lady Sweater
Size:44
Yarn:Malabrigo Yarn Merino Worsted
Colors:Pralines
Needles:US 7
Gauge:gauge as per pattern
Ravelry link:Hop on over!

No comments: