Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I give up.

On Christmas knitting for this year, that is. ;) I managed to finish the stuff for Teresa and Bethany (pictures'll have to wait until after Christmas). I need to put a finishing touch on Treanna's gift, but that's it. I'm not doing any more! It means I have no idea what to give 4 people, but I'm not going to stress myself out over it. There's always next year.

So what am I doing now? I'm learning lace! I wanted to try and make a shawl for myself to wear to when we go see Riverdance in January. However, what I have in mind requires lace knitting, so I figured I'd try and make Liesel, and if that works out, perhaps double it up for a small shawl (the pattern, I mean). I'm making the scarf version out of some pink yarn I had in my stash. So far, so good. We'll see how I fare though, once I get further along. If I can do it right, I'll try (given enough left over time) making the shawl version with some green acrylic/mohair yarn from my stash.
I'm actually looking forward to it. Even if the lace aspect is somewhat intimidating to me.

Once I've done that, I'm going to finish the WIPs I have lying around. I have a lot of knitting to catch up on, and January is the time to do it in, I think. I've gotten my confidence back, and *knock on wood* my body's been playing a little nicer for me, as far as my knitting goes. So I'm hoping to take advantage of that. Be on the look out for plenty of Fo's!

In the meantime though, I wish everyone

Merry Christmas

and I hope you will be able to make it through your merriment in one piece.

No comments: