Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Interesting

So I was doing laundry at my mother-in-law's today, and working on my shawl. My oldest nephew (who's staying with her for the time being) walked in and saw me. Last time, he saw me knitting the fingerless gloves, and he was interested in those, too.

Today, he asked if I would make him gloves, too. He wanted to have a pair just like the ones I made for MIL (same "pattern" as the ones I posted about, but in Duck's colors; they're on Flickr). I told him I'd think about it, but I wasn't making any promises.

Then, I showed him some cool patterns for amiragumi on Ravelry, and he got all sorts of excited. Not asking if I could make some for him, but I planted the seed for him to learn, and now he wants to learn crochet so he can make gifts, just like I do. I told him to ask MIL, because she crochets better than I do, and (far as I know, at least) can understand patterns, whereas I don't. (Sorry, MIL)

I'm curious to see whether this'll amount to anything. After all, he's an eleven year old boy, who's generally excitable and will talk your ear off about any ol' thing. We shall see, I suppose.

Still, it was interesting. I actually kinda hope he learns. It'll be good for him, I think.

 On another note; I got to wondering about Christmas. I've got a few things in mind already for a few people (and let me just say how good it feels to be in this mindset again), and am pleased to know that I'll soon be done with the first of them. And I have ideas for more. Well, technically I suppose I'm done with one already, since it's already a FO, but yeah, you know what I mean.

I am still trying to work out what to do for certain people, but it's only just February - I still have plenty of time. As of today, 325 days, as a matter of fact. So far, I think I'm doing pretty good.

So what about you? Do you have anything planned for Christmas already?

No comments: