Thursday, July 28, 2011

Deirdre Et Al

Deirdre is now officially blocked. I've decided to keep her as a birthday present to myself. Hopefully she'll be all dried up and ready to wear by Sunday (not that I'm planning anything, but it's the idea of it).



Isn't she pretty? I love how the shawl turned out. Surprisingly, I'm really loving the color, too.

And in a fit of productivity (cue laughter, here), I bound off on my Harvest socks. You'd think that meant I was done, but I'm not. Right now, they're just tube socks. See?


You see that bit of yarn the other sock is dangling off of? That's where I have to pick up stitches to do the afterthought heel. It was the only way to get the tip, heel, and cuff to match. I'm both scared and excited. I'm so close to being done with my first pair of socks! I've promised myself that I'll finish them before my birthday. Think I'll be able to?

4 comments:

sunnydae said...

Very cute! Nice job!

Unknown said...

Thank you!

Ursula said...

Love the socks already!

Unknown said...

thank you, I do, too! Hoping to do the heels tomorrow