Sunday, January 23, 2011

Tinkering

As you can see, I'm still tinkering with the blog. Just how I, of all people, ended up with a pink template to tide me over is beyond me, but there you have it. I just wanted something other than white, and this came up. *shrug* It won't be staying, but it'll do for the time being.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with this blog, since - in all honesty here - I've quite forgotten most of the things that I had going on with it to begin with. I know I want it to be solely for my crafting related stuff, so that will remain. Just what, or how, that'll happen, I'm not sure yet.


On the crafting front, I'm quite pleased to have kicked off 2011 with not one, but two FO's! I'm trying to find the formula I used to have to record all the data with, but for now, I'll just have to make due with pictures and a general description.

I actually did some selfish knitting for a change. I know, it's rare! A couple of years ago, I was given a gift card for my LYS, and a few months ago, I finally got around to cashing in on it and got away with two skeins of Sisik. It's wonderfully soft yarn that I thoroughly enjoy knitting with. I may have to look into getting more, though I'll be honest and say that I didn't pay much attention to price, since I wasn't technically paying for it myself. I simply went for something decadent and to my liking as far as colors went.

Anyway! I made a pair of fingerless gloves with them. Just a basic rib-pattern, and a hole for the thumb. Easy-peasy. Check them out:




Project:Simple Fingerless Gloves
Pattern:Simple Fingerless Gloves
Size:one size
Yarn:Dale of Norway/Dalegarn Sisilk
Colors:Red
Needles:US 5
Gauge:none
Ravelry link:Hop on over!


Now, if someone could please help me figure out how to align these darned things better so I can get them side by side, instead of like this, that'd be peachy.

I've already cast on for another pair of these, as I didn't even use one full skein of the Sisik. These are a gift to a friend of mine. I've got several other ideas floating around in my head right now, thankfully most of them revolve around stash yarns, so I should be able to get more done in the foreseeable future! So long as life permits, of course.

I am finding that this whole catching the knitting bug again is proving to be a challenge of a different sort: it's taking away writing time! I want to be able to do both at the same time, but alas, I'm not that good ^_~. Guess I'll have to try for a happy medium!

No comments: