Thursday, March 24, 2011

WIPs

Gah, I hate when I run out of yarn before I run out of project. Alas, it happened, so the gift for Jen is on hold until I can afford to get more of it. Oh well.

So, what's a girl to do in the mean time? Cast on new projects, of course. I actually started two. One crochet (the lace shawl I was going to make with the yarn Amber got me). Unfortunately, I botched it up already and have to frog it. I'm not sure I have the stamina today to do that.

Which is why Jen helped me find a pattern for the Rosewood yarn I got as well. I'd tried the One Rose Handspun by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, but it was far too busy a yarn to fit the pattern. Jen found me this pattern, instead: The Corrugator.

It's much calmer, visually, than the other one was, and the colors seem to be more gradient with this one. I'm enjoying the knit. It's simple, easy to memorize, but visually pleasing. Win/win, in my book. I'm all for mindless knitting right now.

No comments: