Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Slowly But Surely...

I'm making strides on the crafting front, albeit very slow ones. I knit this Liesel scarf back in 2007, and I've only just blocked it. Yeah, kinda fail there, but oh well. Better late, than never, right?

the whole thing all blocked:




up close:

I've also begun to inch my way into the scary (to me) world of sewing. I haven't actually sewn yet, but I've been busy cutting up old jeans into squares so that I can make a quilt top. Or two. Or three. I don't know yet how many I'll end up being able to do, as I haven't made my way through all our old jeans yet. I've been saving them for years, and believe me when I say, one acquires a fair amount of pants over a decade!

Here's some progress, though:

There's four stacks. The two on the left are of my stretchy jeans; one black, one blue. The two on the right are of regular style jeans, also one black, one blue. No idea yet how I'm going to combine any of it. Especially since there's a few colored jeans still waiting to be cut up. Don't worry, I'll share the end results with you ;-)

I had every intention on getting more done today, but my back is killing me after blocking that scarf, so I'm not sure I'll get around to it. I'm hopeful, though, that I'll have another FO or two to share with you soon.

ETA: Forgot to add the stats for the scarf, so...

Project:Pink Liesel
Pattern:Liesel
Size:one size
Yarn:KnitPicks Ambrosia
Colors:Petal
Needles:US 8
Gauge:n/a
Ravelry link:Hop on over!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Good luck on the quilt top! I have yet to tackle that kind of sewing. Quilts scare me.

Unknown said...

Thanks! Sewing in general scares me lol, so I'll need every bit of luck I can get