Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I Did It... I Think

I took my first stab at blocking today. Not entirely sure if I did it right, but it seems to have worked.

Hey, MsKathy, I remembered to take before and after pictures, just so you could see. Hope it helps.

Before blocking:


and a closer look:
And here's it pinned down:

Can you see how the stitches opened up? Also, here's a look at the whole thing post-blocking:

Pretty cool, huh? I think I did okay for my first time out. With a little luck, I can give a shawl a go tomorrow, if I'm up for it. Will also need to partially block the shawl I've got on the needles, in order to figure out how much further I have left to go before I'm done.

2 comments:

SorceressCirce said...

Looks good! I really like how it opened up after blocking... makes me look forward to blocking mine! (After I, you know, finish it :P) Beautiful job!

Unknown said...

Hahaha, yes, finishing would be good ;-) I can't wait to see yours!