Sunday, May 29, 2011

More Show And Tell

Yay, I learned something new today! What did I learn, I hear you ask? I learned how to make a thumb in a glove ;-). I'd always been a bit scared about trying, because the idea of having to drop stitches (tiny ones, at that!) in the middle of something I've worked hard at... well, it scared the shit out of me. Even now, after I've done it.

It was tricky, and I messed up and had to re-do the thumb twice, but in the end, I think it worked out okay. I'm pretty pleased with them, anyway. Too bad they're a gift, and not for keeps.

 


What do you think?

That's not all I've worked on today, though. I finished block 7 of the Beaver Blanket I've been working on for much longer than I care to admit. It's looking pretty good, but I'm starting to worry whether it'll be wide enough for a King. My bed is a Queen, and I know it'll fit that, but... I only have one more block to go, width-wise, so we'll see. I can always improvise the design, of course, but yeah...

Check it out for yourselves (length still has two huge blocks to add to it, so far from done yet).

As you can see, it's going to be close. Time will tell,though. Anyway, I'm happy with the dents I've made in my WIPs. Still have a long way to go, especially considering I have a new niece on the way, and I haven't a clue what to make for her yet.

No comments: